A good lifting serum should contain… well, exactly, what should it contain? The answer to this question can be found below. The list of lifting ingredients is not long so you should know what to look for in anti-age cosmetics and what is able to actually work.
Too many of us use their intuition when it comes to choosing cosmetics. It can sometimes guide you well, but it also happens that is easy lead by the big commercial promises. In the meanwhile, in order for something to work, it has to simply be good and contain proper ingredients. Especially if it is expected to make skin supple and to rejuvenate it.
How to rejuvenate the skin?
Or what to use for it. Will regular cream do the trick? That depends on how mature the skin is and whether you observed wrinkles already. If you still have quite young skin and just want to prevent aging, because first laughter lines start to appear, the cream may be a good solution for you. Although, it is always better to reach for something more powerful.
Face serum holds the best rejuvenating properties. It’s a cosmetic where all the ingredients necessary for the skin and its health are highly concentrated, so also effective. However, it is important for the lifting serum to have a proper composition.
Lifting ingredients in cosmetics
What can lifting serum contain? What should you look for in a product of this type if you strive for supple, brightened, and rejuvenated skin? Here are the most popular lifting ingredients you should deliver your skin with.
- RETINOL – (vitamin A) known for effective wrinkle elimination, counteracts elasticity loss, and restores suppleness. It works also for the skin with hyperpigmentations and acne because it supports epidermis exfoliation, smooths out, brightens up, and makes skin glowing. It’s a fuel for the skin to regenerate and renew.
- COENZYME Q10 – (ubiquinone) we hear about it quite a lot but in fact, hardly anyone knows its actual properties. As it turns out, it’s one of the strongest antioxidants that inhibit harmful free radicals and prevents premature skin aging.
- VITAMIN E – (tocopherol) often referred to as ‘vitamin of youth’ and it’s all due to its strong antioxidant properties. Similar to coenzyme Q10, it inhibits aging processes, prevents premature aging and wrinkles, and nourishes the skin.
- HYALURONIC ACID – it’s an ingredient often added to the serum because it is a natural humectant and it binds water in the skin. Thanks to it, the skin remains moisturized for longer, but that is not all. Hyaluronic acid also impacts elasticity and suppleness but also boosts natural glow and young appearance.
- VITAMIN C – (ascorbic acid) is usually added to cosmetics with brightening action because it can perfectly handle hyperpigmentations (including post-acne). It not only restores the skin with even tone and glow but also eliminates minor wrinkles and rejuvenates.
- COLLAGEN – it’s a protein that (along with elastin) is a natural compound in our skin. Collagen and elastin fibers create a net that is responsible for proper skin elasticity.